You found an awesome treasure that fit’s nicely in your home and you have moved it many times and just can find the right fit. Then you get this “ahh ha” moment and decide to chalk paint it, but what brand and what color. Here are just a few choices that may help with your DIY paint project.
(brands and palettes are in no particular order)
- Masison Blanche Paint Company with the vintage and outdoor chalk paint chart. Masison Blanche paint “dries to a soft, velvety finish and is extremely low in organic volatile compounds.” Because there is very little odor, you can use the paint anywhere without smell issues. You can use this paint on existing furniture finishes with “no need for stripping, sanding, priming.”
Vintage & Outdoor Furniture Paint Color Chart
La Chaux ~ French Lime Paint Color Chart
2. Annie Sloan chalk paint chart with a great array of colors for easy use and without prior priming or sanding of the wood and is quick drying.
3. CeCe Caldwell’s natural chalk paint chart with the enhancement and finish chart. Easy to use from the professional to the DIY’er and eco-friendly.
4. Amy Howard at Home one step chalk paint color chart. There is no need for stripping, sanding or priming of the project wood surface. All paints are eco-friendly and dries flat to a chalky finish.
5. van Gogh Fossil Paintology will allow the painter to mix and match two or more colors with ease. The van Gogh chalk paint consists of three-part the Vehicle, the Pigment, and the Binder. The vehicle in van Gough chalk paint is water which carries no toxins, the pigment which gives everything a color and comes in a powder form, and the binder which is chalk that helps bind the paint.
Chalk paint has so many color options and brands for painting a great piece of furniture. However, you can go just a bit deeper in the paint pool and explore milk, clay, mineral based paints. These are just as great as your favorite chalk paints, but give you a bit more variety in the world of painting.
1. Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint Colors & Finishers is a milk paint containing five all-natural ingredients. The ingredients consist of milk protein (casein), limestone, clay, chalk and natural pigments. Milk paint will never chip or peel when applied to raw wood surfaces. Also, Milk paint provides a completely breathable coating and is great for painting things like wood, plaster, drywall and a variety of other surfaces. The milk paint is environmentally friendly and is non-toxic with no VOCs according to Miss Mustards Seed.
2. American Paint Company is another “all natural, zero VOC, eco-friendly,a nd solvent free paint.” This a company that you can count of with over 25 years of experience for both residential and commercial uses. Just as an added bonus American Paint Company paint “won’t peel and chip like latex”, but will distress very easy.
These are just a few great chalk paint brands and color choices, however there are so many more to choose from no matter what your paint opportunity is.
What is your favorite or go to paint brand and color?